So I Was Thinking
I've not really checked in with you all recently. I've been wittering on about my somewhat trivial trials and tribulations so I've been in contact, but I haven't asked how you are?
A few years ago I wrote a piece about Mental Wealth, specifically about the difference between mental wealth and mental health. Health is a static state if you like but wealth is about having the reserves we need emotionally and mentally, when the untoward happens in our lives.
Given we've all had a hellava year one way and another I wanted to say hello again and hope your mental wealth hasn't taken too much of a beating.
As we head into the colder seasons and the clocks go back, darkness can creep up on us both figuratively and literally. As you're well aware I don't have the answers but here are five things I try and use as a gentle reminder in replenishing mental wealth:
- above all else be kind to yourself no one needs selfblame, plus it will help you be kinder to those around you and that just breeds kindness
- take that break when you need it and don't postpone it, whether it's 2 minutes or 2 days or 2 weeks, the world will most likely keep spinning without you
- try not to succumb to the temptations of bad habits, we all know ultimately they only make you feel worse
- but on the other hand don't deprive yourself either, have those few chocs, just not the whole box like I did the other day :-)
- get outside into the elements, wherever you live and feel the world humming along
And of course there are many more, for example I love to read so I will indulge an extra book or two. I could of course say here - get a gorgeous SoffiaB robe it will lift your spirits - it will, as a part of your toolbox just not your ultimate solution. Bet you didn't think I'd ever say that, did you!?!
Do let me know if you have some other techniques in your toolbox that work for you!
I hope you are all ok, healthy and mentally wealthy!
Look Gorgeous, Feel Fabulous - Sophie xxx